Quality education has become a buzz word in the field of Technical education. Industries and research institutes are looking for skilled Engineers who are readily deployable or will become productive with minimum training and are able to take up challenges of future industrial requirements. It is expected that India with its strong heritage and better education will emerge as a knowledge hub in this century and will become super power by the year 2050. Right Education and better skill development activities are only the mantra to address these requirements. One name which is striving to meet these requirements through quality education is SRI SIDDHARTHA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, TUMKUR, KARNATAKA – SSIT.
Sri Siddhartha Institute of Technology (SSIT), Tumkur Karnataka. SSIT was started in the year 1979 under the ambit of Sri Siddhartha Education Society (SSES), Tumkur. Since then, it has grown with time. At present, the Institute runs 9 programmes in Bachelor of Engineering (BE) and 7 Post Graduate programmes, Several Doctoral programmes and Master of Computer Application with an annual intake of 836.
Sri Siddhartha Education Society was established in the year 1959 by shri H.M. Gangadharaiah, with the blessings of Acharya Vinobha Bhave, started with only one school, has grown consistently and has established 84 Institutions under its aegis spread across the southern part of Karnataka. The academic empire includes an Engineering College, a Medical College, a Dental College, a Nursing College, First Grade Colleges, B.Ed Colleges, Training Institutes, Sanskrit & Poly Schools, and number of high schools with a vision to take education to reach the unreached.
Dr. H M Gangadharaiah, an art teacher is the architect of this premier society. He was blessed by Mahatma Gandhi and Vinobabhave. Sri HMG and was inspired by Vinobha Bhave’s thoughts and he blessed Sri HMG “May you be a staunch social worker and may this Gollahalli be a Shanthinikethan”. Let your honesty be a beacon for your efforts. The blessing of Sri Vinoba bhave was lingering in the mind of Sri HMG and he made up his mind to give education to the needy and thus established Sri Siddhartha Educational Society named after a great philosopher, Sri Goutama Buddha,
The Institution is one among the 14 Technical Institutions in Karnataka State, selected by the World Bank, for the award of financial assistance under Phase II of Technical Education quality improvement program (TEQIP). This assistance will be utilized to improve quality of education, research activities, establishment of center of excellence, Strengthening of Post Graduate Programme. Under this scheme, initiative on a large scale has already been taken for providing a congenial ambiance for learning and research.
One of the unique features of our institution is the Facilities and Infrastructure provided in the campus. The Institution is actively engaged in purposeful interactions with industries and other Instructions of the higher learning. It has MOUs with Mico-Bosh, TATA, Infosys, PROSYM, AIT,UVCE, MSRIT ,JNNCE and many others.
To Provide the sense of creativity, talent and knowledge to young mimosas in the blooming garden of technology. We are here to provide an environment of high academic ambience to mould young minds and make them capable of welcoming the future with vigour.
The devine power of Knowledge can provide man with the wealth of understanding, the ability to overpower obstacle and the strength to seek the truth.Let this knowledge flow deep into every man in society, thus helping the nation build a better and more prosperous future
Salient Features of the Institute:
- Campus is spread over 55 acres of land.
- More than 33,000 sqm of built-up area.
- Well Established state-of-art Laboratories.
- WIFI Campus.
- 900+ Computers spread throughout the campus.
- Well equipped Library, housed in a unique structure Geo-desic dome, with 67764 Volumes, 25282 Titles, 44 International journals, 118 National journals. Members of J-Gate, DELNET, IEEE Digital Library.
- Fully Networked Computer Laboratories for each Branch of Engineering.
- High-Speed 20 Mbps leased line for Internet access.
- Excellent Placement & Training.
- 2 Boys Hostels of capacity 700 and 1 Girls Hostel of capacity 250(with in Campus)
- Science and Technology park
- Gangadharaiah memorial Entrepreneurship Development and Incubation center.
- Free Laptops to P G students and research scholars
- All staff involved in Research activities and HOD’s have been provided with Laptops
- Dedicated staff- Numbering 201 (48 Professors, 25 PhDs,155 M.Tech)
- Student Amenities-Bank, Post office ,MultiGym, Health care unit and a Large Sports Ground
Under Graduate Programmes (UG)
- Civil Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
- Electronics & Communication Engineering.
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Computer Science & Engineering.
- Telecommunication & Engineering.
- Information Science & Engineering.
- Medical Electronics & Engineering.
Post Graduate Programmes (PG)
- Masters of Computer Application.(MCA)
- M. Tech. in Digital Electronics(Full Time)
- M.Tech in Computer aided design of strctures.
- M. Tech. in Thermal Engineering.
- M.Tech in Product design and manufacturing
- MTech in VLSI and Embedded system
- M.Tech in Computer science and Engg
- M.Tech in Computer aided industrial drives
S S I T has taken exquisite steps to promote research culture among the teaching community. As on today 160+ research papers have been published in various International and National conferences/journals. 26 Staff members of our Institute have registered for Doctoral degree in different disciplines. Following departments of our Institute are recognized as research centers under VTU.
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
There are many ongoing projects funded by Government of India and Visvesvaraya Technological University. Institution also have consultation cell and provide solutions to Industries and Local bodies.